Contensive Executes Add-ons
Developers create add-ons and configure them to run many ways.
- Remote Methods are add-ons called with a url to get data, post data, etc.
- Event Processing Add-ons run code in the background whenever a specific event takes place (like an invoice payment, or a visit to a page)
- Design Block Add-ons are content blocks of dynamic html added to any page on a site.
- Background Process Addons are timed events set to run periodically to execute background processes.
Add-on Features are Defined by Fields in an Add-on Record
To make an addon, add a record to the addon content and set the fields to indicate when and how it runs.
- A Remote Method Addon with a valid name and the RemoteMethod checkbox checked. When a URL is hit that matches the add-on name, the addon is executed.
- A Process Add-on has an interval (minutes between execution, next execution time, etc.) set in the Process Tab.