This tutorial shows you how to use the Quick Import tool in the Theme Importer.
The purpose of the Theme Importer Quick Import to to scrape a template from an existing website and setup a Template record under Manage Design that can be used on the current site.
Capture a website page into a site template
- Install the Theme Manager from the Addon Manager.
- Go to Navigator >> Manage Addons >> click on Theme Manager
- Click on Quick Import at the top of the the page.
- In Template Name, enter "TestTheme". This name has to be unique, so if this template already exists either delete in the templates, or modify this name to make is unique.
- In Source URL, enter http://www.contensive.com.
- For Import, select Save To File
- Click [Begin Import]
- When complete, there will be a few errors relating to resources that could not be copied to the site because they are reserved. That is OK
- Go to Navigator >> Manage Design >> click on templates.
- Edit the new record named TestTheme
- It contains the an import statement with the filename that was created during the import, "Template_TestTheme"
- To see the file, use the Website File Manager (Navigator >> Tools >> click on Website File Manager) and edit the new template file. All the templates resources will be that as well.
Use the new TestTheme for a page
- Go the the public site for your website and turn on Edit.
- Navigate to a page you want to convert to the new template, or add a child page.
- Edit the new page.
- Go to the Features tab, and select Test Theme in the Template selector.
- Hit OK to save the page and when you return to the public site, it will use the new template