Development Tutorial, Create a Manager Addon
A manager environment is a group of addons that work together to create a single placed where a user goes to manage one type of work. For instance, the Invoice Manager gathers all the features needed to handle system accounting.
- Create a development site on your local development machine (earlier tutorial)
- Install the
Developer Add-on Samples collection from the Contensive Addon Manager. This installs a samples collection with a few sample addons. One of the sample addons is the Manager Sample.
- Open the Addon Samples collection and transfer dependencies to your collection.
- Open the manager sample addon and clear the guid in the control tab. This will prevent future installations of the samples collection from overwriting your work.
- Now you can use the addon manager to uninstall the addon samples collection.
- Get the "Addon Samples" code from GitHub, Contensive/Addon Samples. This gives you access to all the source code for the Visual Studio project. When you compile this project, it should match the Manager Sample
- Go to the Visual Studio and change the namespace to represent your project.
- Go to your development and edit the Manager Sample addon, changing the DotNet name space in the DLL tab to match the changes you made in the project.
- Recompile and the pr